No two people are the same, so it is inevitable that disagreements and fights will occur in any marriage, including a solid, healthy one. In a healthy relationship, spouses learn from one another’s mistakes. Together, they find out how to let go of their egos and better respond to each other. A marriage requires intention and teamwork, but sometimes a marriage just feels like it is no longer working despite your best efforts.
As Jacksonville Family Law Attorneys, our team at Parra Harris Law share some signs that it may be time for you and your significant other to get a divorce:
- You never receive praise or appreciation from your partner, despite you trying your best to keep him/her happy.
- You feel better when you are away from your partner.
- You don’t feel heard by your partner, or they just never listen to you.
- You suffer from depression, often due to the state of your marriage.
- You disagree on whether to have children.
- Your partner is cheating or has cheated in the past.
- Your partner hides his/her spending with you.
- Your partner stops sharing finances with you.
- Your partner looks for reasons to fight with you.
- You just can’t be bothered anymore to resolve an argument.
- You want to provoke your spouse to test your marriage.
- You get stressed out by your partner’s presence.
- You feel like you must filter yourself or hide your true self from your partner to keep peace.
- You put everything (kids, friends, work, hobbies, errands, etc.) before your spouse.
- You no longer see your partner as your “go-to” person to share information, news, or feelings with.
- You don’t ever want to or plan to forgive them for their indiscretions.
- You’re always thinking about divorce.
- Your relationship with your partner lacks emotional and physical intimacy.
- You can no longer effectively communicate with each other.
- You are being abused or are abusing your partner, mentally or physically.
- You have no trust with each other or in the marriage.
- You feel you are only staying for the kids.
- You have another person (romantically) on your mind.
If any (or many) of the signs above sound familiar, a divorce may be your best solution. Please note, every relationship is different and resolution may be possible by seeking help from a marriage counselor. However, if counseling doesn’t work, you will likely need a family law attorney.
Looking for a Family Law Attorney in Jacksonville?
No one wants their marriage to end in divorce, but sometimes it is necessary, especially if the marriage lacks love, respect, and trust.
At Parra Harris Law, our Jacksonville family law attorneys can help you through the divorce process. Divorce can be an emotional and volatile event, therefore you need a competent, qualified and experienced divorce attorney advocating on your behalf.
Our Jacksonville family law attorneys can fight for you to get alimony, child support, or any other monetary rewards/assets.
At Parra Harris Law, we are experienced in family law. We have over 45 years of combined experience. We handle all aspects of divorce and family law litigation issues including: Child Support, Child Custody, Alimony, Property Division, Modification, and Enforcement.
Our Jacksonville family law attorneys at Parra Harris Law are happy to sit down with you and have a confidential family law consultation. We can help guide you through your immediate issues and help you put together a parenting plan that meets the needs of you, and most importantly — your children.
Let our team of legal professionals at Paris Harris Law help you get started with your family law case in Jacksonville. To contact us for more information or to set up a consultation, call us at 904-900-1617 or visit our Jacksonville divorce law page. We look forward to hearing from you.